In my strange, strange mind, for as long as I can remember, I have kept a running list of words I just don't like. They're not necessarily bad words, but to me, I can not stand hearing them in any way. I add to this list at least monthly, coming upon a word that hits me wrong then saying, "that's going on the list!"
Here are just a few of them in no particular order (some you may understand why, some, maybe not):
*molest
*puss
*penetrate (they use this in football all the time and it just makes me cringe)
*ooze, oozing (any form of the word)
*hairy (when describing a situation...sick)
*scab
*phlegm
*willies (as in "gives me the willies")
*flesh, fleshy
*chunky
*navel (I prefer belly button! and in the sense of an orange - eww! although I love the oranges!)
*goiter (ever since the Seinfeld episode and Elaine's face seeing the goiter...I just imagine it being horrible!)
*fondle
*brilliant (when people from America say it like they're from England. Makes me mad! So, now what was a great word has gone annoying in my book.)
*worm, wormy
*squirm (makes me squirm)
*goat cheese
*friction
*titillating
*putrid
*leatherneck
*giblet
*fester
*belly (even though I prefer belly button, I don't like belly by itself)
*moist (in describing anything other than a cake)
You get the idea...
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a brilliant post! I just had to ;)
ReplyDeleteHaaaa! You are too funny!
ReplyDelete